We’ve been hard at work since releasing HailStrike 3.0, and we’re happy to announce that a new version of HailStrike is live and ready for use here: app.hailstrike.com
- Spotter report queries once again have demographic information, and should be much faster from now on. Be on the lookout for population and housing units, etc., when you click on a spotter report!
- History queries should be faster and more accurate for zip code searches, as it now provides results only for a specific zip code, rather than a zip code’s entire county.
- Paths date range queries will now show the user whether there was a hail spotter report within the search radius for the dates returned.
- The “Get Centered Address” button has returned. Use this to center your map over a house and click to get the nearest address.
- Times displayed have been converted to the local time of where the event took place. So, whether you are East Coast, West Coast, or anywhere in between, you will see events in your area in your local time.
- The ‘Help’ screens have been updated to reflect the changes since HailStrike 3.0.
- Reactive design: The app is now usable on a variety of screen resolutions. Try it out on your tablet and let us know what you think!
- Two URL shortcuts have been added:
- append ?satellite to the app URL, and satellite mode will be enabled by default.
- append ?history to the app URL, and history mode will be enabled by default.
- An issue where the list of alerts would not update when adding new alerts until page refresh has been fixed.
- Saves in History mode for non-zip code modes should load correctly now.
- Occasionally paths would not show after clicking ‘SHOW PATHS’ button on hail spotter rows in history mode. This has been fixed.
- Several other minor visual issues were fixed.
Please let us know if you have any trouble with new features, or encounter any bugs, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not see any of these new features right away, clearing your browser’s cache should resolve that. See here for how to do so.